|The contents of this page are canon to one of the following games: Galaxy on Fire 3D, Galaxy on Fire 2 or Galaxy on Fire Alliances|
The Specter is a flexible, extremely dangerous interceptor used by the Trunt Harval's black guard. It has a surprising large amount of equipment slots and a pre-installed U'tool cloaking device. right|link=File:250px-IMG_5701.png
This is used by the Black Guard.
Upgrades are only available at the Kaamo station lounge.
- The Specter is a great ship for roaming around. Its high firepower and armor can help in tough situations. Despite its high armor, players still have to be careful in Extreme difficulty as even its high armor can be chipped off at a decent pace by even a few enemies.
- The prototype of the Specter is the Ghost.
- The Specter is available at Katashán Station, in the Paréah System.
- Originally, the Specter could only be unlocked by completing the Supernova campaign on Extreme difficulty. With the update that came out on October 6th, 2012, the Specter can also be unlocked in other difficulties by completing the entire campaign and obtaining all gold medal achievements ALONG with the new Supernova medal achievements. After the Specter is unlocked, it can be bought for 30,000,000$ on all difficulty levels.(12,000,000 for andriod players)
- The Wolf Pack captured one of these. They hated it. Threw it in the trash the day after.
- There was a bug in version 1.1.7 of GOF2 SD and in version 1.1.1 of GOF2 HD, respectively. In these versions, when another cloak was mounted on the Specter the game asked: "Do you want to replace the U'tool with the Sight Suppressor II?". If "Yes" was selected, the new cloak got mounted and the pre-installed U'tool of the Specter got unmounted and moved to the cargo hold. By unmounting the new cloak again, the Specter became outfitted with a new U'tool, the original cloak staying in the cargo hold. This process could be repeated indefinitely, thus producing an unlimited amount of U'tools.
- As of the GOF2 1.1.8 and GOF2 HD 1.1.2 updates, the U'tool glitch has been removed (unlisted on the update page) and has upset many players that relied on the glitch for making money fast. However the U'Tool glitch still exists in the GOF2-Full HD version that runs on OS X (iMac), and Credits generated there using the U'Tool bug can still be transferred to iOS devices by saving the game to iCloud and then re-loading the save on the iOS device.
- With the removal of the original U'Tool bug another bug was introduced into the game, which doesn't allow players to install any other cloak than the U'tool for the Specter.
- It has the highest armor rating of each fighting ship and equipment slots.
- It has a special armor that allows it to enter gamma radiation without the use of a Gamma Shield.
- It is the best combat ship the Nivelians have made.
- It is claimed to be the best ship in the game, although many people don't think it is. This ship is hard to own: You will have to get all the medals, (including the Supernova medals) or complete the Supernova campaign on Extreme difficulty. You may want to choose this ship if you are a person that needs lots of equipment slots, since it could carry the most equipments slots, but just as what I said, it's not worth for the price.